When a death occurs outside of New York City, you can rely on us to handle all the details. We have contacts in almost every city in the United States and many cities throughout the world. We arrange all the details to transport your loved one home, so you avoid duplication of effort, and expense.
Ways We Can Personalize…
At Crestwood, we understand that the uniqueness and character of your loved one is important. Our experienced staff can help you create a personalized funeral service that is both individual, meaningful and affordable. We will suggest ways of bringing the spirit and essence of the deceased into the service. The creativity and individual expressions possible are limitless.
Put Your Mind at Ease. Let Us Handle the Details…
- Writing and placing classified death notices in newspapers and forwarding information regarding contributions to a favorite charity in memory of the deceased when requested
- Arranging for cremation, if desired
- Securing the death certificate and cremation or burial permit
- Arranging the purchase and opening of cemetery graves
- Providing pallbearers, when necessary
- Arranging for your choice of music, when requested
- Providing flower tables, and display boards for photos
- Providing a podium with wireless microphone system for speakers
- Arranging for a grave marker, if desired
- Coordinating with clergy
- Personalized interiors in the casket of different fabrics and colors
- The use of floral arrangements creatively designed and arranged
- Video and audio taping of a memorial service is available to preserve the words and anecdotes of family and friends
- We will provide elegant wooden tables and pedestals to display personal photos or collectibles
We have memory boards and easels to display photos or other imagery, recalling cherished memories. We can enlarge your special photograph or use our 50″ plasma monitors to display an “In Memoriam” slide show.
Music and Moods
We can arrange for musicians to perform during the service, use CD’s or IPods on our state of the art music system. We also offer Sirius XM music services to our families all at no charge.
Examples of Personalization
- When a parent died that had young children we provided a memorial book and a desk where friends and relatives wrote about their relationship with the deceased and perhaps how that person helped and made a difference in their life. The bound volume was a wonderful and valuable keepsake when the children grow older.
- We have conducted services for equestrians where we have set the casket atop hay bales and used the deceased’s saddle on top of the casket instead of flowers. The riders show helmet and boots were displayed as well.
- After the death of a young man, we displayed his kayak, skis, and surfboard along with other personal items.
- The family of a woman that collected hats had many of them displayed around the room, and in the obituary the family invited eleven women attending the funeral to wear a hat or bonnet.
- When a prominent artist died, we turned the room into a gallery of sorts by displaying some of his paintings. We also used the artist’s self portrait, had it miniaturized into a memorial card and printed a poem that the family selected on the reverse side to hand out to those attending.
- For an individual who loved Japanese maple trees, we brought in 15-gallon potted trees and displayed them along with his personal belongings. Our staff later arranged to have the trees planted on their country property.
- When an owner of an opera company died, we suggested they bring in some sets and costumes to personalize the service.
- For an avid car collector’s funeral we suggested that his favorites be parked outside the funeral home, so when everyone arrived for the services they were on display.